Did you know?
||halFILE 2.1 upgrades are now
in progress? Call technical support to schedule yours!
||A streamlined halFILE 2.1
install lets you bring up new workstations more quickly.
||halFILE is now more scalable
than ever before!
halFILE™ Document Manager 2.1
halFILE™ Document Manager 2.1
is the most ambitious release of our flagship product to date. With full SQL
Server support, more modular design and lots of new features, we are excited
about this release and we are sure our customers will be excited too!
Totally eliminated Microsoft Access. This means that the baskets
and parameters are handled more efficiently. This eliminates corrupted database
files, a problem inherent to Microsoft Access.
32-bit applications for greater stability.
Separate sizable windows to provide greater flexibility including
dual-monitor support. You can move the image windows around separately from the
information window. The system remembers where you have positioned everything.
Improved on-line help files and a help menu option to go to halfile.com where there is a growing database of technical support issues and
- Small footprint displays the halFILE menus and launches programs.
- Enhanced menu removes Quick Copy and adds icons for
Administrator, Import, Key Verify, Basket Status
- Fewer menu selections to make it simpler for non-administrators.
- Administrative menus were removed from the main menu and placed in
a more secure Administrator program.
- User features provide even more security options.
TWAIN Scan Module
- Supports TWAIN scanners (this expands greatly what scanner we
- Includes FTP feature for remote scanner to your server via FTP
- Supports Annotations.
- Prints faster with fewer problems.
- Optical Character Recognition features lets you draw box around a
image, press Ctrl-O and the Index field is populated with the converted text.
Works well with Long Legal Descriptions. (Requires Imaging Professional for
- Smoother key-ahead for pop-up validation tables.
- You can now enter a name into a “Grantor or Grantee” field and
click begin search. The system searches for that name in the grantor and grantee
field and lists the matching documents. This saves time and is very easy to use.
- Automatically performs the View-Reference feature to pull in
Releases and Satisfactions.
- Color-coded Hit List to help you identify critical documents.
- New hit list sorting option lets you sort immediately on any
- Hit List Description feature where the description is displayed
instead of the code (example: WD instead of Warranty Deed).
- Auto Archive feature lets Archive run overnight
- Cartridge Flip feature sets up the next cartridge in sequence for
you. You do not have to move the images from the stage area to the Image drive
any more. You can archive straight to the image drive and make CD backups from
it. The system notifies you via e-mail when it is time to make a CD.
- The import feature will now split multi-page TIFF images automatically.
Print to halFILE
- Better quality of image. This is a feature where you can print a
document into halFILE. The system converts what is normally sent to the printer
into an image and imports it into halFILE. With this you can print a Word doc or
a report from another application straight into halFILE.